Installing Corrugated Metal Roofing:
- You need to know the number of metal roof panels you will need by measuring the length of the roof’s ridge. Divide the number by the average width of a metal sheet to get the number of rows of metal sheets you will need. Measure the length of the roof slopes. Divide this number by 6 to find out how many columns ofmetal sheet you will need. To get the number of corrugated panels needed, multiply the number of rows by the number of columns
- To know the number ridge caps you will need, measure the edges of the roof and the length of the ridges on the roof. Divide the number by 6 to know the number of ridge caps to use.
- Use roofing felt to cover the roof by stapling every 3 inches on the outside of the felt and about 5 to 7 inches on the interior.
- Place the metal sheet at one corner of the roof overhanging the edge of the roof by 2 inches. Use specialty nails with washers to secure each corrugated metal sheet. Place nails on the center of the ridge of the metal where it bends away from the roof rather than towards the roof. Use about 19 to 21 nails per sheet
- Place a second corrugated sheet next to the first with the ridge of the corrugated sheets overlapping. Use caulk between the two overlapping corrugated sheets. Nail the sheet into the same as the 1st and repeat the procedure until the bottom row is finished.
- Place the 1st metal roof panel for the 2nd row above the first sheet of the first row. The sheet should overlap the first row metal sheet by 6 inches. Nail the sheet into place and repeat the process till all sheets are in place. Each sheet should be overlapping both sheet below it and the sheet to the side.
- When all sheets are in place. line the edges and the ridge of the roof with ridge caps.
For more information on our corrugated metal products, Call us or contact us